Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in Mbedthis AppWeb. Some currently have an unknown impact and others may be exploited by malicious people to gain knowledge of sensitive information or bypass certain security restrictions.
1) Certain handlers matching by extension won't match URIs containing a trailing "." or " " character. This may potentially disclose the source of scripts, which may contain sensitive information.
2) A canonicalization error when determining access rights can be exploited to gain access to restricted resources via a specially crafted URI containing mixed case characters.
3) User messages may disclose system information when access is denied.
4) Some handlers reportedly don't handle HEAD and TRACE requests correctly. The impact is currently unknown.
5) Authorisation configuration directives are reportedly parsed incorrectly by VirtualHosts. The impact is currently unknown.
Solution: The vulnerability has been fixed in versions 1.0.4 and 1.1.3.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org