Criolabs has reported multiple vulnerabilities in IceWarp Web Mail and Merak Mail Server, which can be exploited by malicious people to view system information, conduct script insertion, cross-site scripting, and SQL injection attacks.
1) Input passed to various parameters in certain scripts isn't properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of a vulnerable site.
2) Emails aren't sanitised before being displayed. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected website when a malicious email is viewed or composed.
3) Path information can be disclosed in error pages by passing invalid input.
4) It is possible to view the souce code of PHP files, by requesting the extension ".view.php" instead of ".php".
5) The script "calendar.html" fails to verify input passed to certain parameters properly before it is used in a SQL query. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries.
The vulnerabilities have been reported in IceWarp Web Mail version 5.2.7. Other versions may also be affected.
Solution: Update to IceWarp Web Mail 5.2.8 or Merak Email Server 7.5.2.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: IceWarp Web Mail Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.