ISS X-Force has reported a vulnerability in multiple Symantec products, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service) or potentially compromise a vulnerable system.
The vulnerability is caused due to a boundary error within the Entrust LibKmp library used for processing ISAKMP packets. This can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted ISAKMP packet during negotiation.
Successful exploitation may cause the VPN component to crash or potentially allow execution of arbitrary code.
The following products are affected:
* Symantec VelociRaptor 1.5
* Symantec Gateway Security 1.0
* Symantec Gateway Security 2.0
* Symantec Enterprise Firewall/VPN 7.0 for Solaris
* Symantec Enterprise Firewall/VPN 7.0 for Windows NT/2000
* Symantec Enterprise Firewall/VPN 7.0.4 for Solaris
* Symantec Enterprise Firewall/VPN 7.0.4 for Windows NT/2000
* Symantec Enterprise Firewall 8.0 for Windows
* Symantec Enterprise Firewall 8.0 for Solaris
Solution: Apply patches (see original advisories for installation instructions).
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org