Some vulnerabilities have been reported in WebEOC, which can be exploited to gain knowledge of sensitive information, conduct cross-site scripting and SQL injection attacks, cause a DoS (Denial of Service), or bypass certain security restrictions.
1) A common key is used to encrypt data on all WebEOC installations. Knowledge of this key potentially allows the decryption of sensitive data on any installation of WebEOC.
2) Weak algorithms are used to encrypt sensitive information. This potentially allows the recovery of the encryption keys, or decryption of messages via cryptanalytic techniques.
3) Multiple cross-site scripting vulnerabilities affect several web pages in the application. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
4) A malicious user can consume all system resources by uploading large files.
5) Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities exist, which can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
6) Sensitive information is exposed in URIs, stored in publicly accessible configuration files, and in the HTML code returned to users.
7) A design error allows malicious users to access parts of the application that they should not have access to by directly specifying the URL.
Solution: The vulnerabilities have reportedly been fixed in version 6.0.2.
Provided and/or discovered by: The US-CERT credits IOActive, ESi, and the City of Seattle.
Original Advisory: US-CERT:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: WebEOC Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.