Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Lotus Domino, which potentially can be exploited by malicious users to cause a DoS (Denial of Service), or with unknown impact.
1) An error exists in the handling of mail rules creation in DWA (Domino Web Access). This can be exploited to crash the Domino server by creating more than 150 rule documents in the mail database.
2) An error in the Out-Of-Office Agent when processing a message with a From field greater than 256 characters may be exploited to crash the Agent Manager.
3) Unspecified security issues in Agents and in MIME to CD conversion may be exploited with unknown impacts.
4) An error in the handling of invalid http addresses in DWA may be exploited to crash the http server.
5) An error exists in the mail router when handling a document in the user's mail box that contains an invalid attachment. This may be exploited to crash the mail router when the router attempts to send the document out via SMTP.
6) An error exists in Update Task when updating views in the Domino Directory that contains a user's Person document. This may be exploited to crash the Domino server via a Person document with a FullName field that is a string of spaces or when it is longer than 256 characters.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: IBM Lotus Domino Denial of Service and Unspecified Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.