Apple has issued a security update for Mac OS X, which fixes 13 vulnerabilities.
1) An error in the handling of HTTP headers in the Apache 2 web server can be exploited by malicious people to conduct HTTP request smuggling attacks when Apache is used in conjunction with certain proxy servers, caching servers, or web application firewalls.
3) A boundary error exists in CoreFoundation when resolving certain URL. This can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow and may allow arbitrary code execution via a specially-crafted URL. CoreFoundation is used by Safari and other applications.
4) An error in curl when handling NTLM authentication can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.
7) An error in the passwordserver when handling the creation of an Open Directory master server may cause certain credentials to be disclosed. This can be exploited by unprivileged local users to gain elevated privileges on the server.
11) A boundary error exists in WebKit when handling certain specially crafted content. This can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow via content downloaded from malicious web sites in applications that use WebKit such as Safari.
12) An error in sudo can be exploited by malicious, local users to execute arbitrary commands with escalated privileges.
13) The syslog server does not properly sanitise messages before recording them. This can be exploited to forge log entries and mislead the system administrator by supplying messages certaining control characters, such as the newline character, to the syslog server.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Mac OS X Security Update Fixes Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.