Two vulnerabilities have been reported in WebLogic Server / Express, which can be exploited by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information and to cause a DoS (Denial of Service).
1) An error in the restriction of an unspecified internal servlet can be exploited by any user with HTTP access to access files on the local Windows file system.
The vulnerability affects the following versions:
* WebLogic Server 6.1 released through Service Pack 7 (Windows platform)
2) An error in the XML parser can be exploited to cause the WebLogic Server instance to run out of memory when parsing a specially-crafted XML document.
Successful exploitation requires that applications accept XML data from clients and pass them to the parser without canonicalization.
The vulnerability affects the following versions of WebLogic Server/Express:
* WebLogic Server 8.1 released through Service Pack 4 (all platforms)
* WebLogic Server 7.0 released through Service Pack 6 (all platforms)
* WebLogic Server 6.1 released through Service Pack 7 (all platforms)
Solution: Apply patches and service packs (see the original vendor advisories).
Provided and/or discovered by: Reported by the vendor.
Original Advisory: BEA06-123.00:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: BEA WebLogic Server/Express Two Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.