Some vulnerabilities have been reported in various RealNetworks products, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.
1) A boundary error within the handling of the "chunked" Transfer-Encoding method can be exploited via a specially crafted web page on a malicious server to cause a heap-based buffer overflow. This allows execution of arbitrary code on the user's system.
2) Boundary errors in swfformat.dll when processing SWF files can be exploited to cause buffer overflows when the specified size is smaller than the actual size.
Successful exploitation may allow execution of arbitrary code on a user's system.
3) A boundary error in the processing of MBC files can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow. This may allow execution of arbitrary code on the user's system.
A weakness when executing other programs is caused due to incorrect use of the "CreateProcess()" API. This may allow execution of an arbitrary program on the system, if this can be placed in the program path.
The following products are affected by one of more of the vulnerabilities:
* RealPlayer 10.5 (220.127.116.110-1348)
* RealPlayer 10
* RealOne Player v2
* RealOne Player v1
* RealPlayer 8
* RealPlayer Enterprise
* Rhapsody 3 (build 0.815 – 1.0.269)
* Mac RealPlayer 10 (10.0.0.305 - 331)
* Mac RealOne Player
* Linux RealPlayer 10 (10.0.6)
* Helix Player (10.0.6)
* Linux RealPlayer 10 (10.0.0 - 5)
* Helix Player (10.0.0 - 5)
Solution: See patch matrix in vendor advisory for details.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com