Some vulnerabilities and security issues have been discovered in Simplog, which can be exploited by malicious people to disclose system information, conduct cross-site scripting and SQL injection attacks, execute arbitrary SQL code, and compromise a vulnerable system.
1) Input passed to the "s" parameter in "doc/index.php" isn't properly verified, before it is used to include files. This can be exploited to include arbitrary files from external and local resources.
2) Input passed to the "blogid" parameter in "index.php", and the "blogid", "m", and "y" parameters in "archive.php" isn't properly sanitised before being used in a SQL query. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
3) The problem is caused due to the presence of the insecure test scripts "adodb/server.php" and "adodb/tests/tmssql.php". This can be exploited to execute arbitrary SQL code or call an arbitrary PHP function.
4) Input passed to the "btag" parameter in "login.php" isn't properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
The vulnerabilities and the security issues have been confirmed in version 0.9.2. Other versions may also be affected.
Solution: Update to version 0.9.3.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1, 2, 4) rgod
3) Originally discovered in ADOdb by Andreas Sandblad, Secunia Research, and reported in Simplog by rgod.
Original Advisory: http://milw0rm.com/exploits/1663
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Simplog Multiple Vulnerabilities and Security Issues
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.