Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Firefox, which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions, conduct cross-site scripting and HTTP response smuggling attacks, and potentially compromise a user's system.
2) Some errors in the browser engine can be exploited to cause a memory corruption.
Successful exploitation may allow execution of arbitrary code.
3) Two errors in the handling of specially crafted HTTP responses in certain situations can be exploited to cause the browser to process a response as two separate responses from different sites.
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary HTML and script in a user's browser session in context of an arbitrary site, but requires that the browser is configured to use a proxy or that the malicious site shares the same IP address as the targeted site.
4) Two errors in the handling of the "View Image" and "Show only this frame" functionalities can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an arbitrary site by e.g. tricking a user into right-clicking and choosing "View Image" on a broken image.
7) An error caused due to an off-by-two array boundary error in the "crypto.signText()" function can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow by passing optional Certificate Authority name arguments.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) moz_bug_r_a4
2) Mozilla Developers
3) Kazuho Oku, Cybozu Labs
4) Paul Nickerson
5) Jonas Sicking, Mozilla
6) Paul Nickerson and moz_bug_r_a4
7) Mikolaj J. Habryn
8) Masatoshi Kimura
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Firefox Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.