Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Novell GroupWise, which can be exploited by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting and script insertion attacks.
1) Some errors caused due to the application failing to properly sanitise HTML emails can be exploited to include arbitrary script code in HTML emails, which will be executed in a user's browser session in context of an affected site when the malicious email is viewed.
* UTF-7 encoded script tags.
* Some malformed HTML containing script code.
The vulnerabilities have been reported in versions 7 and 6.5. Other versions may also be affected.
2) Certain input passed in the login page is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
Solution: The vulnerabilities have been fixed in Hot Patch GroupWise 7 SP2 WebAccess Rev A.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) Francisco Amato, Infobyte Security Research.
2) The vendor credits Jerome Odegaard.
Original Advisory: Novell:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com