Some vulnerabilities have been reported in various Informix Products, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to perform certain actions with escalated privileges.
1) Insecure file permissions of the installation scripts of the applications can be exploited by unprivileged users to insert code, which will be executed during installation.
2) An error exists due to temporary files being created insecurely in "/tmp" during the installation process. This can be exploited via symlink attacks to create or overwrite arbitrary files with privileges of the user running the installation program.
The following products are affected:
* IBM Informix Dynamic Server version 10.00
* IBM Informix Client SDK version 2.90
* IBM Informix Connect version 2.90
Solution: Grant only trusted users access to affected systems and use the "-log" option when performing the installation to create the temporary files in a secure directory.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: IBM Informix Products Insecure Permissions and Temporary File Creation
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.