Mariano Nuñez Di Croce has reported some vulnerabilities in SAP RFC Library, which can be exploited by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information, cause a DoS (Denial of Service), and compromise a vulnerable system.
1) The "RFC_SET_REG_SERVER_PROPERTY" RFC function allows to define the exclusive use of the RFC Server. This can be exploited to cause a DoS by denying access to other clients.
2) An unspecified buffer overflow exists within the "SYSTEM_CREATE_INSTANCE" RFC function, which can be exploited to execute arbitrary code.
3) An unspecified buffer overflow exists within the "RFC_START_GUI" RFC function, which can be exploited to execute arbitrary code.
4) Two unspecified errors exist within the "RFC_START_PROGRAM" RFC function. These can be exploited to gain knowledge about the RFC server's configuration or execute arbitrary code.
5) An error within the "TRUSTED_SYSTEM_SECURITY" function can be exploited to gain knowledge about existing user accounts and groups on a RFC server.
The vulnerabilities are reported in SAP RFC Library versions 6.40 and 7.00. Other versions may also be affected.
Solution: Reportedly, SAP released patches.
Provided and/or discovered by: Mariano Nuñez Di Croce
Original Advisory: http://www.cybsec.com/vuln/CYBSEC-Security_Advisory_SAP_RFC_SET_REG_SERVER_PROPERTY_RFC_Function_Denial_of_Service.pdf
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: SAP RFC Library Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.