Some vulnerabilities have been reported in BrightStor ARCserve Backup, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a vulnerable system.
The vulnerabilities are caused due to boundary errors within the SUN RPC service when processing RPC strings. These can be exploited to cause stack-based buffer overflows via specially crafted RPC strings sent to the service.
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code.
The vulnerabilities affect the following products and versions:
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11.5
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11.1
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11 for Windows
* BrightStor Enterprise Backup r10.5
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup v9.01
* CA Server Protection Suite r2
* CA Business Protection Suite r2
* CA Business Protection Suite for Microsoft Small Business Server Standard Edition r2
* CA Business Protection Suite for Microsoft Small Business Server Premium Edition r2
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup Media Server Multiple Buffer Overflows
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.