A vulnerability has been reported in HP StorageWorks Command View Advanced Edition for XP, which potentially can be exploited by malicious, local users to gain access to other users' accounts.
The vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error within the new user registration or addition process. No further information is available.
The vulnerability reportedly affects the following products and versions:
* HP StorageWorks Command View Advanced Edition for XP v 5.0.0-00 to v 5.1.0-05 and v 5.5.0-00 to v 5.5.0-02
* HP StorageWorks XP Replication Monitor v 1.1.0-00 and v 5.0.0-00 to v 5.5.0-02
* HP StorageWorks XP Tiered Storage Manager v 1.1.0-00 and v 5.0.0-00 to v 5.5.0-01
when at least one of the following Lines/Models is installed on a single server:
* HP StorageWorks Command View Device Manager
* HP StorageWorks Command View Global Link Availability Manager
* HP StorageWorks Command View Replication Monitor
* HP StorageWorks Command View Tiered Storage Manager
* HP StorageWorks Command View Tuning Manager
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: HP StorageWorks Command View Advanced Edition for XP Unauthorized User Account Access
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.