A vulnerability has been reported in Asterisk, which can be exploited by malicious users to disclose potential sensitive information.
The vulnerability is caused due to an error within the IAX2 channel driver (chan_iax2) in the processing of text frames. This can be exploited to disclose potentially sensitive heap memory by sending a text frame with content that is not NULL terminated.
The vulnerability affects the following versions:
* Asterisk Open Source 1.2.x and 1.4.x (all releases prior 1.2.19 and 1.4.5)
* Asterisk Business Edition A.x.x (all releases)
* Asterisk Business Edition B.x.x (all releases prior to B.2.1)
* AsteriskNOW pre-release (all releases prior to and including Beta 5)
* Asterisk Appliance Developer Kit (all releases prior to 0.4.1)
Solution: Fixed in the Subversion repository.
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits Tim Panton and Birgit Arkesteijn.
Original Advisory: http://ftp.digium.com/pub/asa/ASA-2007-013.pdf
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Asterisk IAX2 Channel Driver Information Disclosure
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.