Two vulnerabilities have been reported in various CA products, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service).
1) An input validation error when processing CHM files can be exploited to cause an infinite loop via a specially crafted CHM file with an invalid 'previous listing chunk number' field.
2) An unspecified error when processing RAR archives can be exploited to cause the application to hang when e.g. scanning a specially crafted RAR archive.
The vulnerabilities affect the following products:
* CA Anti-Virus for the Enterprise (formerly eTrust Antivirus) 7.0, 7.1, r8, r8.1
* CA Anti-Virus 2007 (v8)
* eTrust EZ Antivirus r7, r6.1
* CA Internet Security Suite 2007 (v3)
* eTrust Internet Security Suite r1, r2
* eTrust EZ Armor r1, r2, r3.x
* CA Threat Manager for the Enterprise (formerly eTrust Integrated Threat Management) r8
* CA Anti-Virus Gateway (formerly eTrust Antivirus eTrust Antivirus Gateway) 7.1
* CA Protection Suites r2, r3
* CA Secure Content Manager (formerly eTrust Secure Content Manager) 1.1, 8.0
* CA Anti-Spyware for the Enterprise (Formerly eTrust PestPatrol) r8, 8.1
* CA Anti-Spyware 2007
* Unicenter Network and Systems Management (NSM) r3.0
* Unicenter Network and Systems Management (NSM) r3.1
* Unicenter Network and Systems Management (NSM) r11
* Unicenter Network and Systems Management (NSM) r11.1
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11.5
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11.1
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11 for Windows
* BrightStor Enterprise Backup r10.5
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup v9.01
* BrightStor ARCserve Client agent for Windows
* eTrust Intrusion Detection 2.0 SP1, 3.0, 3.0 SP1
* CA Common Services (CCS) r11
* CA Common Services (CCS) r11.1
* CA Anti-Virus SDK (formerly eTrust Anti-Virus SDK)
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) Independently discovered by:
* Sergio Alvarez, n.runs AG
* An anonymous person and reported via iDefense Labs.
2) The vendor credits Titon of BastardLabs and Damian Put, reported via iDefense Labs.
Original Advisory: CA:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: CA Products CHM and RAR File Processing Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.