IBM ISS X-Force has reported a vulnerability in CA Message Queuing (CAM/CAFT), which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a vulnerable system.
The vulnerability is caused due to a boundary error in the CA Message Queuing Server (Cam.exe) when processing packets and can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted packet sent to default port 3104/TCP.
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code.
The vulnerability affects all versions of the CA Message Queuing software prior to v1.11 Build 54_4 on Windows and Netware. The following products are also affected:
* Advantage Data Transport 3.0
* BrightStor SAN Manager 11.1, 11.5
* BrightStor Portal 11.1
* CleverPath OLAP 5.1
* CleverPath ECM 3.5
* CleverPath Predictive Analysis Server 2.0, 3.0
* CleverPath Aion 10.0
* eTrust Admin 2.01, 2.04, 2.07, 2.09, 8.0, 8.1
* Unicenter Application Performance Monitor 3.0, 3.5
* Unicenter Asset Management 3.1, 3.2, 3.2 SP1, 3.2 SP2, 4.0, 4.0 SP1
* Unicenter Data Transport Option 2.0
* Unicenter Enterprise Job Manager 1.0 SP1, 1.0 SP2
* Unicenter Jasmine 3.0
* Unicenter Management for WebSphere MQ 3.5
* Unicenter Management for Microsoft Exchange 4.0, 4.1
* Unicenter Management for Lotus Notes/Domino 4.0
* Unicenter Management for Web Servers 5, 5.0.1
* Unicenter NSM 3.0, 3.1
* Unicenter NSM Wireless Network Management Option 3.0
* Unicenter Remote Control 6.0, 6.0 SP1
* Unicenter Service Level Management 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.2, 3.5
* Unicenter Software Delivery 3.0, 3.1, 3.1 SP1, 3.1 SP2, 4.0, 4.0 SP1
* Unicenter TNG 2.1, 2.2, 2.4, 2.4.2
* Unicenter TNG JPN 2.2
Solution: Apply the appropriate patches for the affected product. Please see the vendor's advisory for more details.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: CA Message Queuing Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.