Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Cisco Video IP Gateway and Services Platform, which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions and compromise a vulnerable system.
1) The telnet service of the Cisco Video Surveillance IP Gateway video encoders and decoders does not authenticate connecting users. This can be exploited to gain administrative shell access by connecting to the vulnerable service.
2) The Cisco Video Surveillance Services Platform and Integrated Services Platform devices contain a default password for the "sypixx" and "root" accounts. This can be exploited to gain administrative shell access by connecting to the vulnerable service, but requires knowledge of the default password.
The vulnerabilities are reported in:
* Cisco Video Surveillance IP Gateway Encoder/Decoder (Standalone and Module) firmware version 1.8.1 and earlier
* Cisco Video Surveillance SP/ISP Decoder Software firmware version 1.11.0 and earlier
* Cisco Video Surveillance SP/ISP firmware version 1.23.7 and earlier
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Cisco Video Surveillance IP Gateway and Services Platform Authentication Bypass
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.