Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Sun Java JRE (Java Runtime Environment), which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions, manipulate data, disclose sensitive/system information, or potentially compromise a vulnerable system.
1) Multiple unspecified errors in the Java Runtime Environment can be exploited by e.g. a malicious applet or by using Java APIs to establish network connections to certain services on machines other than the originating host.
2) Multiple unspecified errors in Java Web Start can be exploited by a malicious applet to read/write local files or determine the location of the Java Web Start cache.
3) An unspecified error in the Java Runtime Environment can be exploited to move or copy arbitrary files on the system by e.g. tricking a user into dragging and dropping a file from an applet to a desktop application that has the proper permissions.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following versions:
* JDK and JRE 6 Update 2 and earlier
* JDK and JRE 5.0 Update 12 and earlier
* SDK and JRE 1.4.2_15 and earlier
* SDK and JRE 1.3.1_20 and earlier
NOTE: Some vulnerabilities only affect certain versions or browsers. Please see the vendor's advisories for details.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Sun Java JRE Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.