Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in CA BrightStor ARCserve Backup, which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions, manipulate certain data, cause a DoS (Denial of Service), or compromise a vulnerable system.
1) Multiple boundary errors in various components (e.g. Message Engine, AScore.dll, rpcx.dll) when handling RPC requests can be exploited to cause buffer overflows.
2) Multiple errors in various components (e.g. dbasvr, lqserver, mediasvr, callogerd) can be exploited to cause a memory corruption.
Successful exploitation of these vulnerabilities allow execution of arbitrary code.
3) The Message Engine RPC service contains multiple insecure method calls, which can be exploited to manipulate the file system and registry by sending RPC requests to default port 6504/TCP.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following products:
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11.5
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11.1
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11 for Windows
* BrightStor Enterprise Backup r10.5
* BrightStor ARCserve Backup v9.01
* CA Server Protection Suite r2
* CA Business Protection Suite r2
* CA Business Protection Suite for Microsoft Small Business Server Standard Edition r2
* CA Business Protection Suite for Microsoft Small Business Server Premium Edition r2
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: CA BrightStor ARCServe Backup Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.