Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in RealPlayer/RealOne/HelixPlayer, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.
1) An integer overflow error when processing Lyrics3 v2.00 tags in MP3 files can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted MP3 file.
2) An input validation error when processing .RA/.RAM files can be exploited to cause a heap corruption via a specially crafted .RA/.RAM file with an overly large size field in the header.
3) An error in the processing of .PLS files can be exploited to cause a memory corruption and execute arbitrary code via a specially crafted .PLS file.
4) An input validation error when parsing .SWF files can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow via a specially crafted .SWF file with malformed record headers.
5) A boundary error when processing rm files can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow.
6) A boundary error when processing SMIL files can be exploited to cause a stack-based buffer overflow. For more information: SA25819
Successful exploitation of the vulnerabilities allows execution of arbitrary code.
The following products are affected by one or all vulnerabilities (see vendor's advisory for details):
* RealPlayer 10.5 (126.96.36.1990-188.8.131.528, 184.108.40.2068, 220.127.116.111)
* RealPlayer 10
* RealOne Player v2
* RealOne Player v1
* RealPlayer 8
* RealPlayer Enterprise
* Mac RealPlayer 10.1 (10.0.0. 481)
* Mac RealPlayer 10.1 (10.0.0.396 - 10.0.0.412)
* Mac RealPlayer 10 (10.0.0.352)
* Mac RealPlayer 10 (10.0.0.305 - 331)
* Mac RealOne Player
* Linux RealPlayer 10 (10.0.5 - 10.0.8)
* Helix Player (10.0.5 - 10.0.8)
Solution: Update to the latest versions. Please see the vendor's advisory for details.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com