Some vulnerabilities have been reported in BtitTracker, which can be exploited by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting and SQL injection attacks and to bypass certain security restrictions.
1) Input passed to unknown parameters in account.php, moresmiles.php, and recover.php is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
2) Input passed to the "to" parameter in usercp.php is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
3) Input passed to unknown parameters is not properly sanitised before being used in SQL queries. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
4) The details.php script does not properly restrict access to logged in users when torrent viewing is disabled for guests.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability allows viewing torrent details without valid user credentials, but requires knowledge of the torrent ID.
5) The shoutbox does not check user credentials properly. This can be exploited to post shoutbox entries under any username without any user credentials.
The vulnerabilities are reported in version 1.4.4. Prior versions may also be affected.
Solution: Update to version 1.4.5.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1,3) Reported by the vendor.
Original Advisory: BtitTracker:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: BtitTracker Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.