Avaya has acknowledged a vulnerability and a weakness in various Avaya products, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to disclose sensitive information and by malicious people to compromise a vulnerable system.
1) An error in the "SSL_get_shared_ciphers()" function can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow by sending a list of ciphers to an application using the vulnerable function.
For more information, see vulnerability #3 in: SA22130
2) A weakness in the RSA implementation can be exploited to disclose private keys via side-channel attacks.
The following products and versions are affected:
* Avaya Communication Manager (CM 3.0)
* Avaya EMMC (1.017, 1.021)
* Avaya CCS/SES (3.1 and earlier)
* Avaya AES (AES 3.1.4 and earlier)
Solution: The vendor recommends that local and network access to the affected systems be restricted until an update is available.
Original Advisory: ASA-2007-485:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Avaya Products OpenSSL Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.