Luigi Auriemma has reported some vulnerabilities in BarracudaDrive Web Server, which can be exploited by malicious users to manipulate certain data and cause a DoS (Denial of Service), and by malicious people to conduct script insertion attacks and disclose sensitive information.
1) An input validation error can be exploited to access arbitrary files on the system via directory traversal sequences in HTTP requests.
2) It is possible to disclose the source code of scripts on the server (e.g. LUA scripts with the extension .lsp) by appending a "+", a "." or any other character greater than "0x7f" to the filename in the request.
3) An input validation error can be exploited to delete arbitrary files and empty directories via directory traversal attacks.
4) A null-pointer dereference error in the Group Chat feature can be exploited to crash the application by sending a request with an empty Connection ID.
Successful exploitation of vulnerabilities #3 and #4 requires a valid user account.
5) Input passed via HTTP requests is not properly sanitised before being used in the Trace page of the admin interface. This can be exploited to insert arbitrary HTML and script code, which is then executed in an administrative user's browser session in context of an affected site when the malicious requests are viewed in the log files.
The vulnerabilities are reported in version 3.7.2. Other versions may also be affected.
Solution: Update to version 3.8.
Provided and/or discovered by: Luigi Auriemma
Original Advisory: http://aluigi.altervista.org/adv/barradrive-adv.txt
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: BarracudaDrive Web Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.