Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Adobe Flash Player, which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions, conduct cross-site scripting attacks, or to potentially compromise a user's system.
1) A boundary error exists in the processing of "Declare Function (V7)" tags. This can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow via specially crafted flags.
2) An integer overflow in the processing of multimedia files can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow.
Successful exploitation of the vulnerabilities may allow execution of arbitrary code.
3) Errors when pinning a hostname to an IP address can be exploited to conduct DNS rebinding attacks.
6) Input passed to unspecified parameters when handling e.g. the "asfunction:" protocol is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to inject arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) Alin Rad Pop, Secunia Research. The vendor also credits Javier Vicente Vallejo and Shane Macaulay, reported via ZDI.
2) Reported independently by:
* Mark Dowd, ISS X-Force.
* wushi of team509, reported via ZDI.
3) The vendor credits:
* Dan Boneh, Adam Barth, Andrew Bortz, Collin Jackson, and Weidong Shao of Stanford University.
* Tom Gallagher, Microsoft.
4) Ernst and Young's Advanced Security Center.
5) Toshiharu Sugiyama of UBsecure, Inc. and JPCERT/CC.
6) Rich Cannings of the Google Security Team and Stefano Di Paola of Minded Security.
Original Advisory: Adobe:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Adobe Flash Player Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.