A vulnerability has been reported in Asterisk, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service).
The vulnerability is caused due to a null-pointer dereference error within the handling of the "BYE/Also" transfer method and can be exploited to crash the application.
Successful exploitation requires that a dialog has already been established.
The vulnerability is reported in the following versions:
* Asterisk Open Source 1.4.x prior to version 1.4.17
* Asterisk Business Edition C.x.x prior to version C.1.0-beta8
* AsteriskNOW pre-release prior to beta7
* Asterisk Appliance Developer Kit prior to Asterisk 1.4 revision 95946
* s800i (Asterisk Appliance) 1.0.x prior to version 126.96.36.199
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Asterisk "BYE/Also" Denial of Service Vulnerability
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.