Luigi Auriemma has discovered some vulnerabilities in cyan soft products, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service) or potentially compromise a vulnerable system.
1) A format string error in the "ReportSysLogEvent()" function can be exploited via e.g. a specially crafted LPD (Line Printer Daemon) command with a queue name containing format string specifiers.
Successful exploitation may allow execution of arbitrary code.
2) An error in the processing of "Send queue state" LPD commands can be exploited to cause the service to terminate.
The vulnerabilities are confirmed in Opium OPI Server version 4.10.1028 and is reported to also affect the following products and versions:
* cyanPrintIP Easy OPI 4.10.1030
* cyanPrintIP Professional 4.10.1030
* cyanPrintIP Workstation 4.10.836
* cyanPrintIP Standard 4.10.940
* cyanPrintIP Basic 4.10.1030
Other versions may also be affected.
Solution: Restrict network access to the service.
Provided and/or discovered by: Luigi Auriemma
Original Advisory: http://aluigi.altervista.org/adv/cyanuro-adv.txt
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: cyan soft Products Format String and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.