Some vulnerabilities have been reported in IBM DB2, which can be exploited by malicious users to compromise a vulnerable system, manipulate data, or to cause a DoS (Denial of Service), and potentially by malicious people to cause a DoS.
1) Unspecified errors within the processing of SQLJRA packets can be exploited to cause the DB2 instance to crash via a specially crafted SQLJRA packet.
2) An unspecified error exist in "SYSPROC.ADMIN_SP_C", which can be exploited to execute arbitrary code on an affected system.
3) An error in the handling of logfiles in "SYSPROC.NNSTAT" can be exploited to overwrite arbitary files.
4) Unspecified errors in the "RECOVERJAR" and "REMOVE_JAR" procedures can be exploited to crash the DB2 instance by calling the procedures with specially crafted parameters.
Successful exploitation of vulnerabilities #2 to #4 requires valid user credentials.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1) Martin Rakhmanov, Cesar Cerrudo, and Esteban Martinez Fayo of Application Security Inc.
2) Martin Rakhmanov of Application Security Inc.
3) Cesar Cerrudo of Application Security Inc.
4) Ariel Sanchez of Application Security Inc.
Original Advisory: IZ07299, IZ06973, IZ06977, IZ08512:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: IBM DB2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.