Some vulnerabilities have been reported in various Tor World CGI Scripts, which can be exploited by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
Input passed to unspecified parameters is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following versions:
* Tor Search version 1.1 and prior
* I-Navigator version 4.0
* Mobile Frontier version 2.1 and prior
* Quotes of the Day version 1.5 and prior
* Tor News version 1.21 and prior
* Simple BBS version 1.3. and prior
* Interactive BBS version 1.3 and prior
* Tor Board version 1.1 and prior
* Simple Vote version 1.1 and prior
* Com Vote version 1.2 and prior
Solution: Update to the latest versions.
Provided and/or discovered by: Reported via JVN.
Original Advisory: Tor World:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Tor World CGI Scripts Multiple Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.