Dino A. Dai Zovi has reported a weakness in Asterisk, which can be exploited by malicious people to hijack a user session.
The weakness is caused due to the HTTP Manager ID being predictable. This can be exploited to hijack a manager's session by guessing the session ID.
The weakness is reported in:
* Asterisk Open Source 1.4.x prior to 1.4.19-rc3
* Asterisk Open Source 1.6.x prior to 1.6.0-beta6
* Asterisk Business Edition C.x.x prior to C.1.6
* AsteriskNOW prior to 1.0.2
* Asterisk Appliance Developer Kit prior to SVN revision 104704
* s800i (Asterisk Appliance) prior to version 22.214.171.124
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Asterisk Predictable HTTP Manager ID Weakness
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.