Some vulnerabilities have been reported in multiple TIBCO products, which can be exploited by malicious people to disclose sensitive information, cause a DoS (Denial of Service), or to compromise a vulnerable system.
The vulnerabilities are caused due to multiple boundary errors within the processing of inbound data, which can be exploited to cause buffer overflows.
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code, disclosure of sensitive information, or to cause a DoS.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following products:
* TIBCO Rendezvous versions prior to 8.1.0
* TIBCO Rendezvous TX versions prior to 2.0.4
* TIBCO Rendezvous DataSecurity versions prior to 2.1.6
* TIBCO Runtime Agent (TRA) versions prior to 5.5.4
* TIBCO Hawk versions prior to 4.8.0
* TIBCO iProcess Engine versions 10.3.0 through 10.6.1
* TIBCO TIBCO Substation ES versions prior to 2.4.0
* TIBCO Adapter for Files (z/OS only) versions prior to 4.4.1
Solution: Upgrade TIBCO Rendezvous to version 8.1.0 or later and update all components derived from TIBCO Rendezvous to use version 8.1.0 or later.
Provided and/or discovered by: Reported by the vendor.
Original Advisory: http://www.tibco.com/resources/mk/rendezvous_security_advisory_20080409.txt
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org