Some vulnerabilities have been reported in X.org X11, which can be exploited by malicious, local users to cause a DoS (Denial of Service), disclose potentially sensitive information, or to gain escalated privileges.
1) An integer overflow error when calculating the size of the glyph exists in the "AllocateGlyph()" function within the Render extension. This can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow via a specially crafted request.
2) An integer overflow error when calculating the size of the glyph in the "ProcRenderCreateCursor()" function within the Render extension can be exploited to crash the X server via a specially crafted request.
3) An integer overflow error exists in the Render extension when parsing client requests for the "SProcRenderCreateLinearGradient", "SProcRenderCreateRadialGradient", or "SProcRenderCreateConicalGradient" functions and can be exploited to corrupt heap memory.
4) Multiple input validation errors in the "SProcSecurityGenerateAuthorization()", "SProcRecordCreateContext()", and "SProcRecordRegisterClients()" functions within the Record and Security extensions can be exploited to corrupt heap memory via specially crafted requests.
Successful exploitation of vulnerabilities #1, #3, and #4 may allow execution of arbitrary code with privileges of the X server (typically root).
5) An integer overflow error when processing parameters to the "ShmPutImage()" request can be exploited to disclose arbitrary memory of the X server process.
The vulnerabilities are reported in X.org X11 version R7.3. Other versions may also be affected.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: X.org X11 Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.