Some vulnerabilities and a weakness have been reported in Gallery, which can be exploited by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting attacks, disclose sensitive information, and manipulate data.
1) Input passed in the URL to unspecified scripts is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
2) The vulnerability is caused due to improper access restriction in the album-select module. This can be exploited to disclose album titles when adding albums to a hidden album.
3) The vulnerability is caused due to improper access restriction when extracting ZIP archives. This can be exploited to create sub-albums without the right credentials.
4) The weakness is caused due to unspecified errors in embed.php. This can be exploited to disclose the full path to the application.
5) The vulnerability is caused due to improper access restriction in the Password module. This can be exploited to bypass view permissions for non-album items.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires that the item is password protected.
The vulnerabilities are reported in all 2.x versions before 2.2.5.
Solution: Update to version 2.2.5. Remove password protection from any non-album items.
Provided and/or discovered by: Reported by the vendor.
Original Advisory: http://gallery.menalto.com/gallery_2.2.5_released
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Gallery Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.