A vulnerability has been reported in CA ARCserve Backup for Laptops and Desktops, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service) or compromise a vulnerable system.
The vulnerability is caused due to an integer underflow error within the LGServer service when processing incoming messages. This can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow by sending a specially crafted message to the LGServer service on port 1900/TCP.
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code.
The vulnerability is reported in the following products:
* CA ARCserve Backup for Laptops and Desktops r11.5
* CA ARCserve Backup for Laptops and Desktops r11.1 SP2
* CA ARCserve Backup for Laptops and Desktops r11.1 SP1
* CA ARCserve Backup for Laptops and Desktops r11.1
* CA ARCserve Backup for Laptops and Desktops r11.0
* CA Desktop Management Suite 11.2
* CA Desktop Management Suite 11.1
* CA Protection Suites r2
* CA Protection Suites 3.0
* CA Protection Suites 3.1
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: CA ARCserve Backup for Laptops and Desktops LGServer Service Integer Underflow
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.