Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Gallery, which can be exploited by malicious users to disclose sensitive information, bypass certain security restrictions, and manipulate data, and by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting attacks and disclose sensitive information.
1) An unspecified error can be exploited by malicious users to disclose potentially sensitive information.
2) Various components do not properly enforce role based access controls. This can be exploited to bypass access restrictions and e.g. perform sensitive actions.
3) Various components expose certain functionality which can be exploited to list directories and e.g. read and delete files or write to existing files.
4) Certain input is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
5) Some vulnerabilities are caused due to "Insecure Command Execution" when e.g. processing archives or watermarks.
6) Input passed to the "phpEx" parameter in contrib/phpBB2/modules.php (when "op" is set to "modload") is not properly verified before being used to include files. This can be exploited to include arbitrary files from local resources.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires that "register_globals" is enabled and that the web server is not configured to parse ".htaccess" files.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 1.5.8.
Solution: Update to version 1.5.8.
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits Digital Security Research Group and Gotham Digital Science.
6) Digital Security Research Group
Original Advisory: http://gallery.menalto.com/gallery_1.5.8_released
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Gallery Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.