Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Mozilla Firefox, which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions, to disclose sensitive information, or to potentially compromise a user's system.
2) Multiple errors can be exploited to pollute "XPCNativeWrappers" and run arbitrary script code with Chrome privileges.
3) Multiple errors in "XSLT" and "document.loadBindingDocument()" while creating documents can be exploited to run arbitrary script code with Chrome privileges.
5) Two errors in the image rendering implementation can be exploited to cause a crash.
6) An error in the graphics rendering engine can be exploited to cause a crash.
8) Multiple errors in the implementation of the "resource:" protocol can be exploited to perform directory traversal attacks and disclose sensitive information.
Successful exploitation of vulnerabilities #4-#6 may allow execution of arbitrary code.
9) An error when locking a non-native object can be exploited to cause a crash and potentially execute arbitrary code via a web page assigning a specially crafted value to the "window.__proto__.__proto__" object.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 3.0.2.
Solution: Update to version 3.0.2.
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits:
1) Paul Nickerson
3) Olli Pettay and moz_bug_r_a4
4) Jesse Ruderman, Igor Bukanov, Philip Taylor, Georgi Guninski, Antoine Labour, Jesse Ruderman, Bob Clary, and Martijn Warger
5) Drew Yao of Apple Product Security
6) David Maciejak
7) Dave Reed, Microsoft
8) Boris Zbarsky and Georgi Guninski
9) Jesse Ruderman
Original Advisory: http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2008/mfsa2008-40.html
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Mozilla Firefox 3 Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.