Some security issues and vulnerabilities have been reported in Adobe Flash Player, which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions, manipulate certain data, conduct cross-site scripting attacks, or disclose sensitive information.
1) An error while enforcing cross-domain policy files can be exploited to bypass certain security restrictions.
3) The problem is that the "FileReference.browse()" and "FileReference.download()" methods can be called without user interaction and can potentially be used to trick a user into downloading or uploading files.
4) An error when interpreting HTTP response headers can be exploited to conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
5) An unspecified error can be exploited to facilitate DNS rebinding attacks and violate the same origin policy.
6) An error when interpreting an unspecified ActionScript attribute can be exploited to inject arbitrary HTML code.
7) An error when interpreting policy files can be exploited to bypass a non-root domain policy.
8) An error when handling the "jar:" protocol in Mozilla browsers can be exploited to disclose sensitive information.
9) An error in the Flash Player ActiveX control for Windows can be exploited to disclose sensitive information.
10) Multiple input validation errors in the parsing of SWF files can be exploited to disclose potentially sensitive information or to potentially execute arbitrary code.
The vulnerabilities are reported in version 22.214.171.124 and prior.
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits:
2) fukami of SektionEins
4) Adan Barth of UC Berkeley and Collin Jackson of Stanford University
5) Nathan McFeters and Rob Carter of Ernst and Young’s Advanced Security Center
6) Stefano Di Paola of Minded Security
7) Alex “kuza55” K.
8) Gregory Fleischer of pseudo-flaw.net
9) Manuel Caballero
10) Riley Hassell and Josh Zelonis, iSEC Partners.
Original Advisory: Adobe:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Adobe Flash Player Multiple Security Issues and Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.