DeltahackingTEAM has discovered some vulnerabilities in various MW6 Technologies ActiveX controls, which can be exploited by malicious people to overwrite arbitrary files.
The vulnerabilities are caused due to the following ActiveX controls including the insecure "SaveAsBMP()" and "SaveAsWMF()" methods:
* MW6PDF417Lib.PDF417 (MW6PDF417.dll)
* DATAMATRIXLib.MW6DataMatrix (DataMatrix.dll)
* BARCODELib.MW6Barcode (Barcode.dll)
* AZTECLib.MW6Aztec (Aztec.dll)
These can be exploited to overwrite and corrupt arbitrary files on the system, in the context of the currently logged-on user.
The vulnerabilities are confirmed in the following versions:
* MW6PDF417Lib.PDF417 184.108.40.206
* DATAMATRIXLib.MW6DataMatrix 220.127.116.11
* BARCODELib.MW6Barcode 18.104.22.168
* AZTECLib.MW6Aztec 22.214.171.124
Other versions may also be affected.
Solution: Set the kill-bit for the affected ActiveX controls.
Provided and/or discovered by: DeltahackingTEAM
Original Advisory: http://milw0rm.com/exploits/6870
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com