Dr. Marian Ventuneac has reported some vulnerabilities in various Barracuda products, which can be exploited by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
Input passed to various parameters is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
The vulnerabilities are reported in the following products and versions:
* Barracuda Message Archiver Release 1.1.0.010 (2008-02-15) and earlier
* Barracuda Spam Firewall Release 3.5.11.020 (2008-02-26) and earlier
* Barracuda Web Filter Release 3.3.0.038 (2008-02-19) and earlier
* Barracuda IM Firewall Release 3.0.01.008 (2008-02-05) and earlier
* Barracuda Load Balancer Release 2.2.006 (2008-09-05) and earlier
NOTE: An SQL injection error in Barracuda Spam Firewall within the Users -> Account View page has also been reported and fixed.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org