Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Mozilla Firefox, which can be exploited by malicious people to bypass certain security restrictions, disclose sensitive information, conduct cross-site scripting attacks, or potentially compromise a user's system.
1) Multiple errors in the layout engine can be exploited to corrupt memory and potentially execute arbitrary code.
2) An error in the processing of XBL bindings can be exploited to bypass the same-origin policy and read data from a target document in another domain.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability requires that the target document contains a "<bindingsi>" element and that the "id" of the read binding is known.
4) An error exists when processing "XMLHttpRequest" requests to a web server which redirects the browser via a 302 HTTP status code. This can be exploited to bypass the same-origin policy and disclose sensitive information from another domain.
6) An error when processing URLs starting with whitespace or certain control characters can be exploited to output a malformed URL when rendering a hyperlink.
7) An error in the CSS parser when processing "\0" sequences can be exploited to potentially bypass third party script sanitation routines.
The vulnerabilities are reported in versions prior to 188.8.131.52.
Solution: Update to version 184.108.40.206 (Windows), or 220.127.116.11 or later (other platforms).
Provided and/or discovered by: 5) Chris Evans of Google Security
The vendor credits:
1) Daniel Veditz, Jesse Ruderman, and David Baron
2) Boris Zbarsky
3, 8-10) moz_bug_r_a4
4) Marius Schilder of Google Security
6) Chip Salzenberg, Justin Schuh, Tom Cross, and Peter William
7) Kojima Hajime
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Mozilla Firefox 2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.