Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Movable Type, which can be exploited by malicious users to bypass certain security restrictions and by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting attacks.
1) Input passed to unspecified parameters is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in the context of an affected site.
This vulnerability is reported in the following versions. Other versions may also be affected.
- Movable Type 4
- Movable Type 4 Enterprise
- Movable Type 4 Community Solution
- Movable Type 4 (Open Source)
- Movable Type 3
- Movable Type Enterprise 1.5
2) An error in the "Manage Entries" interface can be exploited by a user with "create post" permissions to publish certain posts without having the required "publish post" permission.
This vulnerability is reported in versions prior to 4.23.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Movable Type Cross-Site Scripting and Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.