A weakness has been reported in Asterisk, which can be exploited by malicious people to identify valid user accounts.
The problem is that different responses are returned depending on whether a login attempt is performed with an invalid user name as opposed to when only the password incorrect.
This weakness is reported in the following versions:
- Asterisk Open Source versions prior to 1.2.31
- Asterisk Open Source versions prior to 1.4.23-rc4
- Asterisk Open Source versions prior to 126.96.36.199-rc2
- Asterisk Business Edition (release series A.x.x) all versions
- Asterisk Business Edition versions prior to B.2.5.7
- Asterisk Business Edition versions prior to C.1.10.4
- Asterisk Business Edition versions prior to C.188.8.131.52
- s800i (Asterisk Appliance) versions prior to 1.3.0
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Asterisk User Account Enumeration Weakness
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.