A weakness has been reported in Asterisk, which can be exploited by malicious people to determine valid user names.
The weakness is caused due to Asterisk returning different responses when rejecting INVITE or REGISTER requests depending on whether or not a valid user name is supplied. This can be exploited to enumerate valid user names.
The weakness is reported in the following products and versions:
* Asterisk Open Source 1.2.x versions prior to 1.2.32
* Asterisk Open Source 1.4.x versions prior to 126.96.36.199
* Asterisk Open Source 1.6.0.x versions prior to 188.8.131.52
* Asterisk Business Edition A.x.x all versions
* Asterisk Business Edition B.x.x versions prior to B.2.5.8
* Asterisk Business Edition C.1.x.x versions prior to C.1.10.5
* Asterisk Business Edition C.2.x.x versions prior to C.2.3.3
* s800i (Asterisk Appliance) 1.3.x versions prior to 184.108.40.206
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: Asterisk SIP Response User Enumeration Weakness
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.