A weakness and multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in FreeWebshop.org, which can be exploited by malicious users to bypass certain security restrictions and by malicious people to disclose sensitive information, bypass certain security restrictions, conduct cross-site scripting and SQL injection attacks, and compromise a vulnerable system.
1) An error exists in the application which improperly trusts the "HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR" header to validate the IP address of a logged in user. This can be exploited to hijack a user session by passing the IP address of a logged in user via the header.
NOTE: Successful exploitation requires that the attacker should have knowledge of a victim's cookie and IP address.
2) An error exists in the session handling mechanism while handling the fws_guest and fws_cust cookies. This can be exploited to view shopping carts of other logged in users.
3) Input passed via the "cookie_lang" cookie to various scripts is not properly verified before being used to include files. This can be exploited to include arbitrary files from local resources via directory traversal attacks.
4) Input passed via the "value" POST parameter to addons/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/ajaxfilemanager/ajax_save_name.php is not properly sanitised before being used. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary PHP code.
5) Input passed via the "Text", "prodprice", "Color", and "searchfor" parameters to index.php (when "page" is set to "cart", "action" is set to "add", and "sub" is set to "Bestellen") and is not properly sanitised before being used in SQL queries. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
6) Input passed via the "redirect_to" parameter to setlang.php (when "lang" is set) is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
The vulnerabilities are confirmed in version 2.2.9 R2. Other versions may also be affected.
Solution: No official solution is currently available.
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: FreeWebshop.org Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.