2) A boundary error when parsing internal dictionaries in Compact Font Format (CFF) fonts in Apple Type Services can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow when specially crafted document is downloaded or viewed.
Successful exploitation allows execution of arbitrary code.
3) A vulnerability in BIND can potentially be exploited by malicious people to conduct spoofing attacks.
19) Multiple vulnerabilities in Kerberos can be exploited by malicious people to potentially disclose sensitive information, cause a DoS (Denial of Service), or potentially compromise a vulnerable system.
28) Some vulnerabilities in PHP can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service) or potentially compromise a vulnerable system, and by malicious, local users to bypass certain security restrictions.
Provided and/or discovered by: 2) Charlie Miller of Independent Security Evaluators, reported via ZDI
5) Moritz Jodeit, n.runs AG
20) Neil Kettle (mu-b), reported via iDefense
30) Damian Put and Sebastian Apelt, reported via ZDI
41) Rob King, TippingPoint DVLabs
The vendor credits:
4) Andrew Mortensen of the University of Michigan
7) Barry K. Nathan
8) Alin Rad Pop, Secunia Research and Will Dormann, CERT/CC
10) Tiller Beauchamp, IOActive
14, 15) Brian Mastenbrook
17) Chris Weber of Casaba Security
30) The vendor also credits Chris Ries of Carnegie Mellon University Computing Services
38) Tavis Ormandy of the Google Security Team
Original Advisory: Apple:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Apple Mac OS X Security Update Fixes Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.