Some vulnerabilities have been discovered ACollab, which can be exploited by malicious users to conduct script insertion attacks and by malicious people to conduct cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, and SQL injection attacks.
1) Input passed to the "f" parameter in sign_in.php is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
2) Input passed via e.g. the "address" parameter in profile.php or the "description" parameter in events/add_event.php is not properly sanitised before being used. This can be exploited to insert arbitrary HTML and script code, which will be executed in a user's browser session when the malicious data is viewed.
3) The application allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP requests without performing any validity checks to verify the requests. This can be exploited to e.g. add members or groups when a logged-in administrator visits a specially crafted web page.
4) Input passed via the "login" and "password" parameters to sign_in.php is not properly sanitised before being used in SQL queries. This can be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability allows bypassing the authentication mechanism.
The vulnerabilities are confirmed in version 1.2. Other versions may also be affected.
Solution: The vendor will discontinue the support for ACollab. Use another product.
Provided and/or discovered by: 1 - 3) Russ McRee
4) AmnPardaz Security Research Team
Original Advisory: HIO-2009-0519:
AmnPardaz Security Research Team:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to email@example.com
Subject: ACollab Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.