Some vulnerabilities and security issues have been reported in Opera, which can be exploited by malicious people to conduct spoofing attacks.
1) An error in the handling of intermediate certificates can result in a revoked certificate being shown as secure.
2) An error related to the collapsed address bar can result in the previous domain being shown in the address bar instead of the domain of the present site.
3) An error in the handling of certain unicode characters in the address bar can be exploited to conduct limited spoofing attacks via International Domain Names (IDN).
4) An error in the handling of certificates, which use a wild card immediately before the top level domain, or nulls in the domain name can be exploited to bypass validation checks and incorrectly present a certificate as secure.
Solution: Upgrade to version 10.0.
Provided and/or discovered by: 3) The vendor credits Chris Weber of Casaba Security.
4) The vendor credits Dan Kaminsky.
Original Advisory: Opera:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Opera Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.