A vulnerability has been reported in VMware Server, VMware ESX, and VMware ESXi, which can be exploited by malicious people to disclose sensitive information.
An error within the handling of certain requests can be exploited to download arbitrary files from the host system via directory traversal attacks.
The vulnerability is reported in the following products and versions:
* VMware Server 1.x for Linux prior to version 1.0.10 build 203137
* VMware Server 2.x for Linux prior to version 2.0.2 build 203138
* VMware ESXi 3.5 prior to patch ESXe350-200901401-I-SG.
* VMware ESX 3.0.3 prior to patch ESX303-200812406-BG
* VMware ESX 3.5 prior to patch ESX350-200901401-SG
Solution: Apply patches (see vendor's advisory for details).
Provided and/or discovered by: The vendor credits Justin Morehouse and Jason Kratzer for independently reporting the vulnerability.
Original Advisory: VMSA-2009-0015:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org