Some vulnerabilities have been reported in IBM WebSphere Application Server, which can be exploited by malicious users to disclose potentially sensitive information or cause a DoS (Denial of Service), and by malicious people to potentially disclose sensitive information, conduct cross-site scripting and cross-site request forgery attacks, or cause a DoS.
1) Some vulnerabilities in APR-util can be exploited by malicious users and malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information or cause a DoS.
2) An unspecified error in the "Apr_xml_*" interface can be exploited to cause a DoS.
3) The administrative console allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP requests without performing any validity checks to verify the requests. This can be exploited to perform normally restricted actions if a logged-in user visits a malicious web site.
4) An error in the included web server can be exploited to e.g. cause a high CPU load via specially crafted HTTP requests.
6) Input passed to the administrative console is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
7) An error in the Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI) can be exploited to query UserRegistry objects.
Solution: Update to Fix Pack 7 (220.127.116.11).
Provided and/or discovered by: Reported by the vendor.
Original Advisory: IBM (PK92057, PK91414):
IBM (PK88341, PK88342):
IBM ISS X-Force:
Do you have additional information related to this advisory?
Please provide information about patches, mitigating factors, new versions, exploits, faulty patches, links, and other relevant data by posting comments to this Advisory. You can also send this
information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: IBM WebSphere Application Server Multiple Vulnerabilities
No posts yet
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Secunia Customer Login
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.